XUL Support in Konqueror

Philip Scott pgs31 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Jun 26 23:30:12 BST 2005

Hi guys,

Just to say hi - I am your newest recruit, courtesy of Google - I intend to
give Konqueror XUL support. I am not that familiar with khtml, or the
Konqueror code-bases, so I thought before I dived in the deep-end, I would
solicit a few opinions...

There are two main approaches, as far as I can see

- An XUL kpart
  pros:	reusable
	can be used independantly of Konqui
	saves me having to get my head around khtml ;)
	can make use of Georges existing work with KaXUL
  cons:	what about XUL embedded in web pages
	performance issues with lots of XSL transformations

- Embedding directly into khtml

  pros:	tight integration
	probably quickest
  cons:	full XUL applications will need the complete khtml part
	khtml bloat
	harder to implement

Any other suggestions or ideas? Pros or cons?? Complete redesigns? :) Speak
now or forever hold your peace ;)

Regards,

--

Philip Scott                       Oooo.
Jesus College,             .oooO   (   )

"Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and
lock phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter
room three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge"