keditbookmark: automagically forwarding changes

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jun 6 10:38:28 BST 2005

On Monday 06 June 2005 04:17, Daniel Teske wrote:
> Hi
>
> There  are 3 ways to look at these patches:
Hehe ;-)

> _The implementation has a bug_
> The problem:
> There are textfields at the bottom of keditbookmarks, I obviously don't
> want to send a notification for every key press.
> Currently the changes are saved (and others notified) on LostFocus().
> The problem is: LostFocus() isn't emitted if the user clicks on a
> toolbar icon.
> Any ideas how to do this in a clean way?
> (Not simulation the LostFocus() event at hundred different places.)

Maybe the fields at the bottom of the screen do need a Save button?
Of course switching to another bookmark would still auto-save, but manual save
would be useful for this case. Potentially confusing though ("do I need to save or not?")

Better idea: it's not the toolbar button that's the problem (e.g. if it doesn't switch
to another bookmark or close the window). So how about having the auto-save happen
just before the bottom fields show the values for another bookmark, or are being destroyed
(due to closing the window)? What do I miss?