Scrollbars

John Tapsell john at geola.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 18:53:20 GMT 2005

in khtmlview.cpp there is KHTMLViewPrivate::reset() which resets the scrollbar
mode to Auto.

I think it should not do this because reset() is called everytime you do
clear(), which can be fairly often.

This means that any outsider that calls setHScrollBar(AlwaysOff)  to turn off
scrollbar sees the scrollbars come back on again.

The solution is:

a) Add a comment to setHScrollBar  saying that you will need to also add a
slot to the view cleared() signal that calls setHScrollBar again.

b) Remove the code to reset the scrollbar mode in reset().  I think this is
the best solution.

I will do solution (b) if there's no complaints.

JohnFlux