MMB on back, forwar and home

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Mon Jan 3 16:57:57 GMT 2005

Am Montag, 3. Januar 2005 02:33 schrieb Daniel Teske:
> Hi
>
> this patch is still not finished, but alot polished then the last.
> Instead of removing as much from slotDuplicateTab() +
> slotGoHistoryActivated(), I assembled the bits I needed from
> KonqViewManager::addTab() and KonqViewManager::go().

Thanks. I've tested it.

> What works:
> Home Toolbar and go menu/home:
>   Ctrl+Left/MMB/Ctrl+Enter opens in a new tab or in anew window.

For me, MMB opens in a new window (good), and Ctrl+LMB opens in a new window,
too (bad)? Known bug? Ctrl+LMB should unconditionally open a new tab.

> Back, Forward ToolbarIcon:
>   Ctrl+Left/MMB opens in a new tab, history is copied, form data is
>   restored. (Also works inside the drop down menus.)

This nothing but rocks!

> Go menu:
>   Ctrl+Left/MMB/Ctrl+Enter opens in new tab for back and forward.
>
> What doesn't work:
> Back, Forward ignore the setting MMBOpensNewTab, they dont open in new
> windows.

This is unfortunate. Is it pending, or can't you do it due to another cause?

> Up is missing.

Having back and forward work perfectly is more important currently IMHO.

> If MMB opens a new window and HomeURL is set to "~",
> KonqMisc::createNewWindow() balks. (I'm not sure whose fault that is.)
>
> daniel teske

Micro-review:

[...]
>    /**
> +   * @return the HistoryEntry at postion @p pos
> +   */
> +  const HistoryEntry* const historyat(const int pos);

This'd better be called historyAt.
> +
[...]

mfg