[patch] to bug 82243 (not 88243)

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Sun Feb 13 22:17:11 GMT 2005

Le dimanche 13 Février 2005 20:34, Paul Temple a écrit :
> I don't know khtml well, but thought as closeRenderer() does not
> set
>     m_closed = true;
> you could still add elements to that node afterwards, which was
> the point you argued (though we don't have that parser problem,
> as parser only calls addChild()).

I think you can always add nodes, even on closed ones. Closing only makes
sense while parsing a document or a document fragment, so that you don't
uselessly apply a hierarchy dependent selector on an unfinished hierarchy
(e.g last-child).

For dynamically added nodes, it's irrelevant, and the structure is supposedly
built from the inner node before being inserted so it's probably a good idea
to close them anyway.

Greetings,
Germain