[patch] to bug 88243

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 11 20:47:49 GMT 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 08:03:33PM +0100, Leo Savernik wrote:

[..]

> Your concerns are valid. It looks like a little change, but may be way more
> invasive than it seems.
> >
> > Which means that if Paul moves his code, this (and more)  should be
> > changed as well? If so, one could suggest this a post 3.4 thing, no?
>
> That's why it's paramount to run the regression tests (this addresses you,
> Paul). I'm sure there'll be regressions. If they're too numerous, and/or too
> difficult to fix, we should indeed consider postponing the fix.
>
> Alternatively, we could wait for Apple and check how they'll get rid of
> closeRenderer ;-)

Maybe more of us should have a look if this is doable in short term.
If not doable and current doesn't show regression, we should leave
it as-is w/ a comment to fix it for 4.0. I very much suspect this isn't
about applets only but all objects too. Given that lots of sites have
changed their object declarations by document.write, because of the
what-was-it-called patent, I wouldn't be suprised it fixes some of the
cases where DOM is used too.

Koos