neglected security issue in konqueror?

Rigo Wenning rigo at w3.org
Wed Feb 9 09:48:16 GMT 2005

It's a known issue, and the Unicode consortium has already looked at it,
see:

http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr36/tr36-1.html#international_domain_names,

Of course, quite a bit of work remains.
Disabling IDNs isn't a solution, the same way that disabling
DNS in a browser isn't a solution to solve the problem of
phishing with ASCII-based domain names.

We are generally thinking about the issues related to phishing here.

BTW, I tried it out and Konqueror complained about the wrong certificate
as the SSL-implementation does _not_ know about IDN's it seems and
confused the things too and got the wrong certificate. Anyway, the
SSL-phishing on http://www.shmoo.com/idn/ does not work with my
konqueror.

Best,
--
Rigo Wenning            W3C/ERCIM
Staff Counsel           Privacy Activity Lead

Am Tuesday 08 February 2005 18:20 verlautbarte daniel :