neglected security issue in konqueror?

daniel danstemporaryaccount at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 8 17:20:08 GMT 2005

http://www.shmoo.com/idn/

a friend sent me this link this morning and it seems to me to be a real
security problem but according to the paper, this issue was raised back in
2001 and both mozilla and all khtml projects seem to still be affected by this
potential problem.

i posted to kde at mail.kde.org and it was reccomended that i re-post it here.
It seems to me that given that removing a standard from a standard-compliant
browser isn't much of an option, might i suggest a warning popup of some
kind?  or is this kind of issue best directed to the people responsible for
resolution of names like that mentioned at the above link.

--
lift up yourselves, men,
take yourselves out of the mire and hitch your hopes to the stars;