Why does an NTLM proxy require persistant connections?

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sat Dec 31 12:07:52 GMT 2005

On Saturday 31 December 2005 01:43, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> > Should I report to b.k.o. or is this mail enough notification for the
> > kio-http maintainer (IIRC that's you :P ) to pick it up?
>
> Here is a patch to try (untested)!

I can't try anymore, since I probably won't be in this office for weeks or
even months to come, but the patch looks ok code-wise.

The only part that looks strange is this:

-  else if ( strncasecmp( p, "NTLM", 4 ) == 0 &&
-    (( b && m_bPersistentProxyConnection ) || !b ) )
+  else if ( strncasecmp( p, "NTLM", 4 ) == 0 )

Not only you stripped the test for m_bPersistentProxyConnection, but also the
test for 'b'. Is that correct?

And in the next line you wrote "relay" instead of "rely" in the comment, but
that's nitpicking.

Without being able to test you either need to commit blind, or hope for
someone else to be able to test for you. As I said, it *looks* good though.

--
Martijn