Why does an NTLM proxy require persistant connections?

Dawit Alemayehu adawit at kde.org
Sat Dec 31 00:43:06 GMT 2005

On Friday 30 December 2005 04:04, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> Dawit Alemayehu said:
> > On Thursday 29 December 2005 10:47, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > Because it is something the person who added NTLM support overlooked or
> > did not anticipate ??? IOW you found a bug
>
> Ah, I thought this was intentional :)
>
> Should I report to b.k.o. or is this mail enough notification for the
> kio-http maintainer (IIRC that's you :P ) to pick it up?

Here is a patch to try (untested)!

> >> As with my previous mail, I am only sitting here tomorrow and then I
> >> can't test anymore.
> >
> > This should have been tested by whomever implemented/added support for
> > this authentication scheme. Anyways, I will try to setup my Squid with
> > NTLM support and test this when I get the chance...
>
> That would be much appreciated. It will be too late for me, but I'm sure
> many other users will love you for it ;-)

Then I hope they someone can provide me with an account I can test against...
Too lazy and too much work to setup squid with NTLM proxy support. If anyone
can give me access to such a proxy I would be more than happy to test it
myself. Took me half a day just to figure out the digest authentication file
format for this damn thing! Anyways...

--
Regards,
Dawit A.