[TESTCASE] Re: khtml still getting asserts on www.novinky.cz

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Wed Dec 14 22:22:33 GMT 2005

> <snip>
>
> The attached is one way of likely fixing it, but there may be better ways. We
> still want the testcase, though :-)

Hi!
  First of all, thanks to all of you, who took such a big care and looked at
the problem.
  I also did my best and tried to isolate something like a test case.
  In the attached archive you can find:
  1) A minimized html page, causing 6 node attach asserts.
  2) A stylesheet, which is referred from the page. Without it, the crash
     doesn't occur.
  3) A JS program im.js, responsible for displaying ads. It is the source of
     all the devility :-). Its functions are called from the page.

  I'm not fully satisfied with the testcase, because:
  1) The stylesheet contains external references (to various separator images
     etc. which I didn't remove because I don't have more time to give to the
     problem nowi, sorry for that)
  2) In the page, there are function calls like
     im.position('seznam.novinky.all.wide-top','/zahranicni/',null,null)
     The first two args are important; when they are changed, the crash doesn't
     occur. They are probably transformed to some external reference, which
     I can't easily decipher from the program (you know, I'm not good at JS)...
     So maybe they can change their behaviour as the website changes... NOW
     this case causes asserts at 100% ratio.

  Tomorrow, I will continue by creating a bugzilla entry, and I will also try
your patch.
                 With regards, Pavel Troller