konqueror and davfs2

Guido Guenther agx at sigxcpu.org
Tue Aug 30 09:50:02 BST 2005

Hi,
When using konqueror on a davfs share (mounted via davfs2, not using the
webdav:// kio slave) it takes a long time until a directories content is
being displayed since konqueror/kio_file stat every file and reads the
beginning of every file to determine it's mime type.
Is there an easy way to turn off this behaviour in konqueror and simply
display the directory listing (probably simpley based on the file
extension) - it'd be fine if konqueror would figure out the mime
information in the background (as it does with the preview), but that's
not even necessary. Removing file:// from the filesystems that previews
are being generated for didn't help much.
I hacked around some of the problems in the file kio slave and konqueror
itself (by simply always returning application/octet-stream as
mime-type) but would appreciate any help/comment on were to implement
the above cleanly, if it isn't already available.
Thanks,
 -- Guido

P.S.: please cc: me since I'm currently not subscribed to this list