Changing Cookies/Popup Default Settings

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Thu Aug 25 13:08:54 BST 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 07:04, Stephan Binner wrote:

> Yes, until configured otherwise. I just checked Firefox default and it
> accepts cookies, even if coming from others sites, forever. Is that the way
> to go!?

Firefox implements RFC2965 correctly though. As I looked into our
implementation of privacy in cookie handling, it seems lacking severly in
some cases. This needs to be improved anyway, just that silently accepting
cookies makes us a slightly bit more vulnerable.

> > but if it makes me lose persistent cookies then I won't agree agree :)
> It's about new user defaults, your cookies should not be affected.

Perhaps we should have an option in the status bar that allows the cookie
dialog to pop up on demand, rather than blocking and waiting for user input.
Then you would be able to turn session-cookies into persistent cookies if you
like.

--
Dirk//\