playground/graphics/oKular/kpdf/generators/chm

Piotr Szymanski djurban at pld-dc.org
Fri Aug 19 03:37:41 BST 2005

SVN commit 450785 by djurban:

- my wrapper around both KHTMLPart and KCHMView's chmlib wrapper so that we get a rendered page.
- What works:
  + viewing documents
  + thumbnail generation
  + calculating page sizes based on the size of their KHTMLView
  + table of contents

- What is pending:
  + using internal index, will code it once I comeback, wasted too much time on textpage generation

- What probably will not work:
  + printing the entire document, no CHM viewer provides it now
    it would need some kind of being able to print multiple HTML files
    at once or sth similar (maybe anyone else has an idea?)

- About generating the textpage:
  I went a long way, with enormous, and I do mean enormous help from SadEagle explaining to me how
  to use the KHTML API to generate the text page in a usable way (actually getCaretPos is depreciated
  and not document, and if you try to read the code, you'll notice it delegate the important stuff
  further and further into the KHTML core. Understanding KHTML's core is a bit too much to require
  at the moment.

  Well finally I had something close to working, some words are matched properly - the rectangles are ok,
  most are matched with a one/one and a half offshot to the right, finally some are not matched because
  getCaretPost returns -1 as the left X border, I have no idea why, when I am asking for a

  This is why I am ccing to kfm-devel, if anyone of you guys, has a while to spare and would be kind
  enough, I would like to ask you to look at generator_t.cpp and the
      void TGenerator::recursiveExploreNodes(DOM::Node node,KPDFTextPage *tp)
  function, and tell me what seems wrong there? Also if you knwo a better way to get per character
  coordinates for every character in the text inside a HTML Page, please let me know.

CCMAIL:kfm-devel at kde.org

 A             Makefile.am
 A             generator_t.cpp   [License: GPL (v2+)]
 A             generator_t.h   [License: GPL (v2+)]
 A             libokularGenerator_chmlib.desktop