dcop question

Dave Feustel dfeustel at verizon.net
Thu Aug 18 23:01:31 BST 2005

I just started using the dcop command.
I found no dcop list so I'm posting my dcop
question to this list because the question
involves konqueror.

The dcop command returns a list of running
kde applications which have dcop interfaces.

What I have discovered is that dcop will return
ids of instances of konqueror even after I have
closed all of my konqueror windows. Dcop will
often return ids of more instances of konsole than
I have konsole windows running. What is the
reason for the extra instances?

I also see references to kio-uiserver and kioexec.
What do these two kde programs do?

Thanks,
Dave Feustel