features request in KHTML for interaction with another KDE project

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Apr 15 19:13:26 BST 2005

On Saturday 09 April 2005 18:24, sebastien raveau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 08 April 2005 15:35, you wrote:
> > What's your point?
> > The mail is far too long, an abstract with about 200 words would be great.
>
> basically I need two functions:
>
> - a setter on the kio_slave that handles HTTP to specify custom proxy settings
> without affecting other KDE applications

You can set it as metadata on your Job, the key is "UseProxy" and the value is a URL.

> Later I was told on IRC that proxying was handled by kio_http, so I searched for the
> kio_http documentation, in vain...

This is opensource. The best documentation is the source.
kio_http says:
  KURL proxy ( config()->readEntry("UseProxy") );
OK config() is a slightly complex thing which incorporates kio_httprc and job metadata.

> - a KHTMLPart::listReferences() method that would return the list of UR[LI]s a
> webpage would load automatically

"would load"... so you mean before it actually loads them? This doesn't seem to go
well with how KHTMLPart works. It starts loading things while parsing the HTML.
You'd need to intercept the calls to the loader I guess - which means you'd have to
start reading KHTMLPart's misc/loader.cpp for instance; and adding some hook or something there.