Questions about KHTML

Pierre D. pinaraf at robertlan.eu.org
Thu Apr 14 12:14:58 BST 2005

Hi

Do you know what Looking Glass (alias LG3D) is ? It is a sun opensource
project, which aims at creating a 3D desktop. I'm just an user, and I saw on
the forum of LG3D that one of the developers what to create a web browser.
His first idea was to use Gecko, but I made some ad for KHTML (easier to use,
stable API and so on)...
He has some questions about KHTML :
- Is it abstract enough to render the web pages into an image we can  can
access from Java ?
- Will it run standalone, or does it assume the rest of KDE is running ?

Yes, Looking Glass is written using Java... And he want to render into an
image in order to redirect the image on a 3D texture...

Thanks for reading me, and continue your great work ! :)