PATCH - HTTP NTLM Authentication

Karsten Künne kuenne at rentec.com
Thu Sep 23 17:17:18 BST 2004

On Thursday 23 September 2004 10:11, you wrote:
> On Thursday 23 September 2004 02:36, Hasso Tepper wrote:
> > Karsten Künne wrote:

> > > But it's optional. And libntlm comes from the same website as libidn
> > > which kdelibs already depends upon. Unfortunately, it's GPL and not
> > > LGPL which, as I understand it, prevents it from inclusion in kdelibs?
> >
> > libntlm 0.3.5 is released with licence change to LGPL.
>
> That's great! BUT, it doesn't work :-(. I tried it and it generates a
> somehow slightly different first message than 0.3.3 and IIS doesn't like
> that. I suspect a bug in libntlm-0.3.5, they must have broken something
> between 0.3.3 and 0.3.5. I'll look further into it. For now you have to use
> libntlm-0.3.3 if you want NTLM authentication.

O.k., got it working again with libntlm-0.3.5. The attached small patch for
libntlm-0.3.5 is required to make IIS happy again if konqueror talks to it.
I'll submit the patch to Simon for further inclusion into libntlm.

Karsten.
--
"What I've done, of course, is total garbage."
		-- R. Willard, Pure Math 430a