PATCH - HTTP NTLM Authentication

Karsten Künne kuenne at rentec.com
Thu Sep 23 15:11:34 BST 2004

On Thursday 23 September 2004 02:36, Hasso Tepper wrote:
> Karsten Künne wrote:
> > >
> > > Is it necessary to introduce another compile time requirement?
> >
> > But it's optional. And libntlm comes from the same website as libidn
> > which kdelibs already depends upon. Unfortunately, it's GPL and not LGPL
> > which, as I understand it, prevents it from inclusion in kdelibs?
>
> libntlm 0.3.5 is released with licence change to LGPL.

That's great! BUT, it doesn't work :-(. I tried it and it generates a somehow
slightly different first message than 0.3.3 and IIS doesn't like that. I
suspect a bug in libntlm-0.3.5, they must have broken something between 0.3.3
and 0.3.5. I'll look further into it. For now you have to use libntlm-0.3.3
if you want NTLM authentication.

Karsten.
--
What if nothing exists and we're all in somebody's dream?  Or what's
worse, what if only that fat guy in the third row exists?