PATCH - HOME URL and profiles

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Tue Sep 21 03:54:04 BST 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 12:33, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Monday 20 September 2004 18:05, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > On Monday 20 September 2004 12:01, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > > I think we should seriously consider to split konqueror in a file
> > > manager and a web-browser (E.g. like kcontrol and kinfocenter are
> > > split) and give one of the two a different name. My vote would be to
> > > rename the file manager back to "KDE File Manager", binary name
> > > "kfm".
> >
> > Do you mean a hardcore split or just binaries invoking konqueror with
> > different profiles? The first one would kinda imply rewrite of both. I
> > was considering it (which is i started making kdenonbeta/kafilah into a
> > seperate browser here locally, but I stopped since I figured that we
> > don't want that).
>
> See kinfocenter. It lives in kdebase/kcontrol/kcontrol in case you can't
> find it.

kinfocenter was my idea and originally it was rejected by yourself among
others. Perhaps there is hope that people will come around to the idea of
having a different executable for specifically launching the file manager
just in the same manner kinfocenter now works. So long as code is not
duplicated and the current behavior of konqueror does not change much, i.e. I
can do whatever I want from either profile, then I do not oppose the solution
you have in mind...

--
Regards,
Dawit A.