PATCH - HOME URL and profiles

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Sep 20 06:55:19 BST 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 11:28, Dawit A. wrote:
> > why do we need a Rename button? isn't clicking on the profile, changing
> > the name and clicking Save enough?
>
> No. If you do that then a new profile is created instead of the the
> selected one being renamed.

really. that's messed up. =)

> > the Delete button does make sense nearer to the profile list. in fact,
> > one may even wish to put the profile list to the left, with the Delete
> > button directly beneath it, and the edit fields to the right of it.
>
> Huh ? You completely lost me here...

let me try again: profiles down the left, like modules in kcontrol or pages in
Konqi's settings, settings on the right. then put the delete button directly
under that list.

> BTW, I was completely afraid of this happening. Honestly, I was not
> interested in discussing the finer points of "Usability" when I created
> this patch.

sorry. mea culpa, mea culpa =)

> I was only interested in attempting to solve a single issue. As
> such, I will simply convert the current config dialog to a UI file and
> implement the "Home URL" functionality if there is consensus for that
> particular feature.

cool.. i think there definitely such consensus.

> After that people are welcome to do whatever they want
> with the UI.

ok. will do. sorry to go into hyper-detail on you =) if nothing else, i now
know all the details of this dialog thanks to this discussion with you so
it'll be possible to work on it w/out completely screwing it up ;-)

--
Aaron J. Seigo