Implementation of quotation in khtml

Shift shift at free.fr
Tue Sep 14 19:32:40 BST 2004

Hi,

I had a conversation about the quotations in (X)HTML on an other famous french
mailing-list about web-standards (pompeurs). The problem was that "cite"
attribut of "quote" and "blockquote" tags is not accessible for the user. As
the norm specify "cite" is a URI, this will be a good idea to make it
accessible as a link.

So I started to implement this in khtml. I created a HTMLQuotationElementImpl
class in /kdelibs/khtml/html/html_inlineimpl.cpp for "q" and I realize that
"blockquote" will have the same sort of implementation but is a block
element. So where can I put this implementations ? In a separate file,
html_quotationimpl.cpp ?

Moreover, I decided to make create a link on quotations if the "cite"
attribute is filled. It works but the cursor is not the "hand" cursor as for
"a" tags. I looked at html4.css but the declaration of the cursor is not
here.

The contextual menu (mouse right click) offer the "Bookmark this location" and
the "Open with/ Copy to /..." items but not the "Save link as..." or "Copy
link address". How can I active them ? Should I patch Konqueror or another
part of khtml ?

Another important question : Are you OK if I submit this to you when it will
work ? Do you think that managing "cite" for quotations as "href" for links
is a good idea ? Have you got a best idea ?

Thanks,

Franck