Link rect and word wrapping.

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Fri Sep 10 15:22:45 BST 2004

Le Vendredi 10 Septembre 2004 15:23, Tobias Anton a écrit :
> On Montag, 6. September 2004 13:57, Leo Savernik wrote:
> > Btw, I'm working on a better focus rectangle paint algorithm.
> > Tobias? I hope you aren't working on the same ;-)
>
> Well, no. I can't justify spending more time on KDE development at this
> moment.
>
> But I've got a suggestion for the focus outline problem (idea from dirk): A
> QRegion is the union of an arbitrary number of rectangles. It has a
> "tesselation" function which returns a sorted list of rectangles of equal
> height.

FWIW, I already tried that approach back when Leo ported the outline code to
RenderInline but I couldn't get it to work perfectly. The problem is the y/x
banded rectangles you obtain don't have a minimum height... they are
sometimes even 1 px height.

As a consequence,  it is very tricky to get rid of the painting artifacts at
vertical segments junction for e.g. dotted borders, or any other fancy border
style ; it's even harder to deal with correct corner painting, because the
outlineWidth can be much > to your rectangles' height (and obviously the
outlineWidth defines the available resolution for the outline shape).

Greetings,
Germain