Intergrating mht file to konqueror

Spiros Georgaras sngeorgaras at otenet.gr
Wed Oct 27 19:34:12 BST 2004

Hi all

As kio_mht is now almost ready, I was wondering: where to go from here?

As David Faure has told me, in order for " ... konqueror to open an
archive-like file using an ioslave like it does for tar files  ... currently
needs a hack in konq_mainwindow.cc but I plan on fixing that soon".

I don't know if this has already been done, so I don't know if I should
include the ioslave in the app (currently available as a separate tarball).

Next thing I am thinking about is that maybe a new mime type should be created
for mht file. I know that a mht file is a message/rfc822 file but the same is
true for every other email message and eml file etc. Since there is a way to
handle mht files separately from them, it should be a separate mime type as
well.

I was thinking something like:

Encoding=UTF-8
Type=MimeType