KHTML and closed platforms

Henrik Mikael Kristensen henrik at webz.dk
Fri Oct 22 01:16:25 BST 2004

Hi

A long time ago, the AWeb development team stated that we wanted to
port KHTML to the Amiga platform. This porting process didn't get
anywhere until now where there seems to be a few willing people to do
this now.

I want to have something cleared up with licensing: KHTML is LGPL right?

We want KHTML to integrate properly with AmigaOS so it feels like a
native part of an application. This means it has to link against a
closed source GUI system called Magic User Interface. We don't use QT
or GTK+ as we have our own GUI systems.

I understand that Webcore is in a similar situation, but will this
require anything special, regarding license agreements?

--
Regards
Henrik Mikael Kristensen