Merge of needsLayout and childNeedsLayout from Webcore/125

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Wed Oct 13 20:35:54 BST 2004

Am Mittwoch 13 Oktober 2004 21:26 schrieb Allan Sandfeld Jensen:

> As far as I understand, the regression tests compares the rendering dumps.
> This patch changes the dump output, so that a dump of RenderObject that
> previously had "layouted" will now not have, it one with no "layouted" now
> gives "needsLayout". This is to keep the dump in sync with the internally
> used terms and variables. Currently the subdivisions of needsLayout are not
> dumped.
I see. I guess, we can to that two stage here. First iteration we change the
dump to
if (!needsLayout) << "layouted" and if we know it works, we can change the
dump output. This works in the tests I finished so far just fine.

> > > Also I cannot compile testregression in CVS HEAD, no matter what I do.
> >
> > You can't compile it? That has never been an issue AFAIR. Just make
> > testregression should do.
>
> It is really odd, but very likely just a local problem. I am guessing that
> the build system got confused at one point when I ran out of space (no
> error messages though), but now after a clean build and lots of free space
> it still can't find the symbols libkhtml.so should have inherited from
> libkjs_html.a. Inspecting libkhtml.so shows they are there, and inspecting
> the libtool calls shows it finds the right library.
You're not having a debug build? There is a version script that supresses
symbols for non-debug builds

Greetings, Stephan