Merge of needsLayout and childNeedsLayout from Webcore/125

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Wed Oct 13 20:26:14 BST 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 20:43, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 13 Oktober 2004 19:20 schrieb Allan Sandfeld Jensen:
> > On Wednesday 13 October 2004 16:23, Germain Garand wrote:
> > > Does it pass test regression?
> >
> > I am afraid it will fail all of them, since "layouted" has been renamed
> > and subdivided. I guess you would need to clean the results before they
> > were usable.
>
> Please explain. I can try later tonight.
As far as I understand, the regression tests compares the rendering dumps.
This patch changes the dump output, so that a dump of RenderObject that
previously had "layouted" will now not have, it one with no "layouted" now
gives "needsLayout". This is to keep the dump in sync with the internally
used terms and variables. Currently the subdivisions of needsLayout are not
dumped.

> > Also I cannot compile testregression in CVS HEAD, no matter what I do.
>
> You can't compile it? That has never been an issue AFAIR. Just make
> testregression should do.

It is really odd, but very likely just a local problem. I am guessing that the
build system got confused at one point when I ran out of space (no error
messages though), but now after a clean build and lots of free space it still
can't find the symbols libkhtml.so should have inherited from libkjs_html.a.
Inspecting libkhtml.so shows they are there, and inspecting the libtool calls
shows it finds the right library.

`Allan