Updated Regression Output

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Wed Oct 13 13:09:11 BST 2004

Le Mercredi 13 Octobre 2004 09:10, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
> Am Thursday 07 October 2004 11:43 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> > I love to review the R diffs if you continue fixing such problems. Really
> > I do.
>
> OK, we're getting somewhere: 72 failures (still a bit noise in there)
>    http://ktown.kde.org/~coolo/regression/output/
>
> Please (all those commiting lately) have a look at:

>   webcore/fast/css-generated-content/009.html (and read the text)

This is not a regression but a limitation of our current style selector.

The text says "including the big "A" first-letter."... well, in baseline, the
first-letter wasn't even big, because it wasn't elected as a first-letter at
all.
Now that it is, it gets applied a style which is slightly wrong.

That will remain so until we have merged
CSSStyleSelector::pseudoStyleForElement
and what's necessary to make it work
(not a piece of cake)

>   webcore/fast/block/margin-collapse/103.html (the CSS has border-bottom
> for a elements)

but that declaration is bogus:
{ border-bottom: 1px dashed 3 33 333 #333; }

so that's a fix of yours :)

>   webcore/fast/block/basic/016.html (some alignments changed)

Allan fixes... it looks all fine to me.

>   mozilla/dom/dom-html/hhrl001.html (some more HRs moved slightly and I
> just need to know why)

that's because Allan's align patch overwrites HR's left/right margin to 0
(see html/html_blockimpl.cpp: HTMLHRElementImpl::parseAttribute)

Until now, we had the default (css/html4.css):
HR  {
[...]
        margin-left: 1px; /* will be overwritten by ALIGN */
        margin-right: 1px; /* will be overwritten by ALIGN */
[...]
}

default margins would need to be changed to "auto" to get proper
"centered by default" HRs, but it induces tons of one pix painting changes
(and some fixes).

-

Some others:

   meyerweb.com/css2-tests/sec11-01-01.htm/sec11-01-01.htm
      is a fix of mine. Part of the content was not accessible when scrolling

   webcore/fast/text/whitespace/012.html
      is  a fix as well (bottom margin of floats)

   selectors/css3-modsel-162.html
   selectors/css3-modsel-d5e.html
   selectors/css3-modsel-d5c.html
       look nice.