Merge of needsLayout and childNeedsLayout from Webcore/125

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Tue Oct 12 23:21:41 BST 2004

Hi!

I am trying to merge various bits from Safari while learning KHTML
(low-hanging fruit and all).

One of the larger, is the change from layouted() to needsLayout() and
relatives in renderObject; it touches almost every file in the rendering
directory.  Most of the changes are fortunatly trivial (some of the them
involving satisfying removal of "// #HACK!" comments). There are however a
few I have doubts about, which is why I post it here.

During the merge I found I few places in our KHTML where we called
layouted(false), but where the equivalent calls in Webcore was missing. I am
guessing these removals are optimizations from Apples side, but I haven't
quite wringed my head around the rendering-callgraph enough to be sure. These
have been converted but commented-out in the attached patch. There are a few
places in render_block.cpp, render_container.cpp and one in
render_inline.cpp.

Anyway here is the patch (with more slave-labouring merging to follow)

`Allan