konqueror mount.cifs-support?

Guido Fiala guido.fiala at dka-gmbh.de
Tue Oct 12 11:56:57 BST 2004

Hallo developer-team,

since Win XP smbmount is no longer suitable - how is the status of cifs-mount
in konqueror/kde? (i searched the devel-archive but found no thread about it,
pardon if i missed something)

I installed the recent samba package including cifs-support and a can now
access  shares again, however, i found the smb://server/share in konqueror
very nice feature...

If i use smb:://server/share at the MS-SBS-Server the effect is quitte
strange:
I'am able to see all directories and files but i'am inable to open any file
and see its contents, also writing is impossible.

Guido