Doubleclick handling for <select> tag (#71427)

rwlbuis at xs4all.nl rwlbuis at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 8 12:24:36 BST 2004

Hi Germain,

>> In the meantime, could you or someone else have a look at #41505? It
>> would
>> be sweet to have another patch in before I leave ;)
>
> not sure you are still there :-}
> but I did comment on #41505 (and also on #76434 some time ago... do you
> recall
> that one? :-)

Aha, I remember that one. Some of these reports really seem related, but
not quite :) For the outline rectangle, as I said, it happens also in
Mozilla, and I found out it can be manipulated seperately from the
selection rectangle by using up/down keys, so maybe the patch is really
ok...
Thanks for 41505 comment, it must have been a timing thing, but now I see
it. Indeed the flow of control regarding parseAttribute and
updateFromElement is not 100% clear to me. If I can understand better what
happens exactly and when, I may feel more comfortable with committing the
patch ;) So again, I'll study the code more..
Cheers,

Rob, mailing from the excellent Singapore airport.