Traversal bic

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sun Nov 14 21:32:06 GMT 2004

On Sunday 14 November 2004 15:31, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Freitag, 12. November 2004 07:24 schrieb Zack Rusin:
> > Essentially, I'm not sure whether it's worth fighting to keep bc in
> > traversal. Comments?
>
> I'm against bic'ing because this will destroy the trust of third
> parties in the ABI stability promised throughout a major version.
>
> I'd prefer a hack instead, even if it's ugly.

In general I agree with you. But node filtering was never working on
this. So trying to keep BS on code that wasn't doing anything seems
like a wasted effort to me. Dirk and I decided that it makes sense to
break bc for 3.2 (or was it 3.3?) in TreeWalker to get that bad boy
running in that release. So I'm just not sure what to do.

Zack

--
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.