Intergrating mht file to konqueror

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Nov 8 11:39:02 GMT 2004

On Sunday 07 November 2004 13:37, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> 1) treat kio_mhtml as a container-like protocol, just like kio_tar and
> kio_zip. In that case, it is a T_FILESYSTEM protocol and will always
> return a file listing for listDir("/"). Konqueror will see that one file
> is called "index.html" or "index.xhtml" and decide to open it on its own,
> just as it does with normal files.

> The question is: does Konqueror automatically open index.html for
> protocols other than kio_file?

Not currently. We would have to launch three stat()s (we look for index.html, index.htm and index.HTML)
which might take a long time over a slow FTP site. So currently KonqMainWindow::findIndexFile only
does it for local files. However this is something that could be implemented (hmm, with NetAccess,
but we'd have to disable the GUI meanwhile to avoid reentrancy), for protocol with :class=Local,
so that it's done for "fast" protocols like kio_tar etc. but not over FTP.

> The questions are: when does Konqueror send listDir("/") or get("/")? How
> do we get a directory listing?
When stat("/") says it's a directory.