Intergrating mht file to konqueror

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Fri Nov 5 15:41:39 GMT 2004

Am Freitag, 5. November 2004 12:52 schrieb Spiros Georgaras:
> > Don't you test for index.html, and if no such file can be found, display
> > a directory listing instead? (I don't know how IE generates mht files,
> > and I cannot currently test it).

[...]
> No I do not test for index.html, I test for a 'text/html' document and i
> name it index.html.

You're right; at work I saved a test mht file, and I realised that an mhtml is
actually nothing but a multipart/mime message (so there's nowhere an
index.html per default, silly me).

However, the multipart message predefines the default file nonetheless with
so if <mime-type> is text/html, it's the index. If it's not (and if it isn't
any other mime-type recognised by khtml like application/xhtml+xml), it's not
an html file, and it should be represented as a directory listing.

So I don't quite understand why you test for "*a* 'text/html' document"
instead of "*the* document as specified by the Content-Type header".

mfg
 Leo