CSS3 box-sizing property (resend with smaller patch).

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Fri Nov 5 12:15:34 GMT 2004

Le Vendredi 05 Novembre 2004 11:33, Leo Savernik a écrit :
> Am Freitag, 5. November 2004 03:14 schrieb Germain Garand:
> > Mozilla/Firefox and Safari are doing well without any of those though.
> > And Opera doesn't implement Navigator extensions.
> > I guess it's all about chosing a side so that you don't fail in
> > between... ;(
>
> That's because there are browser switches for Mozilla/Safari.

so you assume it's easier to take the MSIE switch rather than the
Mozilla/Others switch?

> Nobody cares
> to build a switch for Konqueror, so we cannot unconditionally go the
> Safari/Mozilla way.

if it's hidden, it's not unconditional... it would still have a chance to work
for sites gleefully ignoring anything else than IE.

For others, well, maybe they would care if we didn't spoof most of the
proprietary extensions of both IE and Mozilla, thus requiring a specific code
path within legacy code full of
    if (ns) ...
    if (d.all && foo) ...

Greetings,