CSS3 box-sizing property (resend with smaller patch).

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu Nov 4 21:01:26 GMT 2004

On Thursday 04 November 2004 16:32, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 4. November 2004 15:23 schrieb Allan Sandfeld Jensen:
> >  I suggest implementing it
> > and under the box-sizing property. Another option would be using
> > -khtml-box-sizing, but then it wouldn't work with any existing webpages.
>
> I'd rather not call it box-sizing unless CSS3 goes final. Stick with
> -khtml-box-sizing.
>
> Mozilla only supports -moz-box-sizing, which khtml won't, so I wonder which
> pages wouldn't work (less than they do anyway).

I've searched for places that use it, and inorder to work in Mozilla, Opera
and MSIE, they use both box-sizing and -moz-box-sizing. I am just inclined to
follow Opera and MSIE on this. Mozilla has their own reason for using a
different name since they have implemented a non-standard value for it called
padding-size, which I chose to ignore.

The property is also older than CSS3. It seems to have been invented for
MacIE5.

`Allan