CSS3 box-sizing property (resend with smaller patch).

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu Nov 4 14:23:19 GMT 2004

Hi!

Just wanted to get peoples opinion before commiting my next patch that
implements the suggested CSS3 property box-sizing.
It already exists in MacIE and Opera, and in Mozilla under -moz-box-sizing,
but it seems it is only luke-warm for CSS3.
It is used for manually telling which box-model the webpage is using. The old
WinIE (border-box) or the CSS standard one (content-box).

Since there are already webpages out there using it, I suggest implementing it
and under the box-sizing property. Another option would be using
-khtml-box-sizing, but then it wouldn't work with any existing webpages.

I discovered another odd thing while doing this. It seems that WinIE 6.0 and
Opera uses the border-box model in quirk mode, while Mozilla and Konqueror
always uses the standard. I thought we usually tried to mimick WinIE behavior
rather than Netscape, should we add box-sizing to the quirk css, now that it
is easy?

`Allan