[ANNOUNCE] Spring loading folder behaviour (bad news inside)

Kévin 'ervin' Ottens ervin at ipsquad.net
Fri May 28 07:48:27 BST 2004

Le jeudi 27 Mai 2004 23:54, Waldo Bastian a écrit :
> The claims section doesn't mention that, so I'm not sure if that  statement
> limits the scope of the patent from a legal point view.

I'm not sure either... that's one of my reasons to add more differences.

> Claim 1 phrases it like "in response to a drag during a drag operation of
> the pointer over an identifier corresponding to the particular enclosure".
> Letting the operation happen in response to a keyboard event seems like it
> would indeed bring your invention outside the scope of this patent :-)

Nice! :-)

> Perhaps you could do 2 only in case the user settings dictate a new window?

I've played a little more with this feature, and honestly using a timer is not
a very clever idea after all. I'd use the keyboard event in every case, it is
a better control for the user... letting the user set the timer delay is IMHO
extra complexity setting, and I prefer to be consistent beetween the two
modes anyway.

So if it is ok, I'll commit something to trigger the held() signal using a
keyboard event during the week-end. It'll be better usability wise IMO and
will bring us outside the scope of this patent.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."