[ANNOUNCE] Spring loading folder behaviour (bad news inside)

Rigo Wenning rigo at w3.org
Thu May 27 03:23:11 BST 2004

Am Thursday 27 May 2004 18:44 verlautbarte David Faure :
> From what Waldo said, we have more chances on our side if we don't
> say publically that we're ignoring a known patent (to be able to say
> that we were not aware of the patent, when accused).
>
> So guys, please, *please*, stop coming up with possibly harmful
> patents here!

This does _not_ help. It only affects the amount of damages in US legal
hemisphere.

My advise would be to contact the apple developers to help contacting
the apple legal department and get a license for khtml. I think this is
the best way to react. There are lots of people that benefit from open
source code and development. So there could be a counterpart. This
could be a license to use the stuff in KDE.

It is always the best way in IPR issues to ask the rightsholder first
and shoot afterwards (by revert, publicity etc)

Best,

Rigo