Compiling Reaktivate

Nikolas Zimmermann wildfox at kde.org
Sun May 23 18:34:57 BST 2004

On Sunday 23 May 2004 01:24, Jeffrey Walls wrote:
> I am attempting to compile reaktivate, to evaluate it for corporate use.
>
> I am using Fedota Core 2 release, kde 3.2.2. I have the most current
> released wine and wine-devel rpms installed, wine-20040505-1fc1winehq and
> wine-devel-20040505-1fc1winehq. I downloaded kdenonbeta directory,
> reaktivate under that, and admin. I downloaded kde-common, and admin under
> that. I did a soft link for admin under kdenonbeta.
>
> I ran make -f Makefile.cvs under kdenonbeta, then ./configure. I cd to
> reaktivate and ran make, when this occurred:
[snap]

Hi Jeff,

thanks for your interest in Reaktivate, what do you exactly need it for?
It's definately a wine problem, you should build it from source if you plan
to experiment with Reaktivate.

I'd suggest you to create a fresh new ~/.wine directory with default
config files etc, then install reaktivate, and then try to install a very
simple ActiveX control like Shockwave Flash Player to really
see if it works...

Hope that helps

Bye
 Bye