key navigation and visible area of the page

Tobias Anton TA at ESC-Electronics.de
Mon May 17 10:52:56 BST 2004

On Mittwoch, 12. Mai 2004 09:49, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Monday 10 of May 2004 18:40, Arend van Beelen jr. wrote:
> > On Monday 10 May 2004 18:26, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > >  Hello,
>
>  scrollTo() patch committed.

Hi,

It seems like you misunderstood Arend's answer. He was talking about the
type-ahead find. I'd like you to revert your patch.

The amount of scrolling is limited to at most one page so that tab can be used
to view the entire page following the focus order that the author intended.
It is particularly useful for people that don't use a mouse and I don't see a
necessity to break the known behaviour for them. If you found any bugs in
conjunction with type-ahead find or the selection code, please report or fix
them instead of cutting out working code.

If your accesskey code does not work correctly with scrollTo(), I'd suggest
that you simply use QScrollView::ensureVisible() instead. Adding an argument
"bool onePage" to the scrollTo function is wrong.

Cheers
-- Tobias