"Reload Frame" Action?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri May 7 07:06:04 BST 2004

On Thursday 06 May 2004 21:07, Paul Chamberlain wrote:
> (I am not a subscriber to the developer list.)
>
> I use a couple of operations in konqueror pretty
> frequently that are not listed in the "configure
> shortcuts" screen.  Specifically, I want to assign
> a gesture to "reload frame".  So far, my gestures
> have all mapped to a keystroke and this function
> doesn't have a keystroke, it doesn't even have an
> Action listed that I can assign one to.

Yes, this is because "Reload Frame" is only created when bringing up the
popupmenu, and deleted immediately after. This action doesn't stay in memory,
it's only temporary.

> With all the configurability of KDE, it seems like this
> should be doable.  Maybe there's an under-the-covers
> way?
Yes, edit the file by hand..... Hmm, wait, no, that won't work, for the reason above.
If the action doesn't exist, the shortcut doesn't work.

The only way I see is to edit the code, move the action from khtml_ext.cpp
to khtml_part.cpp, and in khtml_ext.cpp it would need to copy it over like
we currently do for other actions like viewDocumentSource.