configuration dialog usability question

Sashmit Bhaduri smt at inbox.lv
Tue Mar 2 03:49:45 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 12:14 am, Ferenc wrote:
> I am not subscribed to this list, just would like to add a simple comment.
> The configuration window has these 10-12 icons on the left side, big
> images, and text. I have to scroll up and down ten times to find "where did
> I see this or that switch??".

What do you propose as an alternative? A hierarchical tree is *even more*
confusing in this regard. I think what we've got is probably the best
compromise that can be made in terms of layout.

Perhaps "Configure Konqueror" can become "Configure File Manager", or
"Configure Web Browser", depending on the profile, and can stay "Configure
Konqueror" in all other profiles (as well as custom ones)

Any opinions about this? I'd be willing to implement it.