configuration dialog usability question

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Tue Mar 2 00:14:01 GMT 2004

Dear Konqueror Developers,

I am not subscribed to this list, just would like to add a simple comment. The
configuration window has these 10-12 icons on the left side, big images, and
text. I have to scroll up and down ten times to find "where did I see this or
that switch??".

We are dumb users, we don't clearly remember where a specific option belongs
to. I think, the way Kcontrol works, gives much better overview of the many
options, because I don't need to SCROLL (up and down ten times).

I can just hope, Kmail will never have so much option that it needs scrolling,
OR the way the options are displayed will be better.

Thanks for your attention, keep up the good work!

Ferenc Veres
Hungary

ps: I am not an usability guru, but yes, read a "stupid" book, and from that I
(think I) understood why I can never find any option in Konqueror. Or even if
I can finally, I go mad on not seeing all the possible targets, while there
are only about 10-12.

ps2: I am not subscribed to the list.