konqueror preloading issue

Dr. Juergen Pfennig mail at j-pfennig.de
Wed Jun 30 21:39:04 BST 2004

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 10:56, David Faure wrote:
> <coolo2english> And that doesn't include monitoring for changes. The app
> does that. </coolo2english> :-)
Ok, anyhow - a Windows programmer like me will learn new Linux tricks from
having a lock at the code. Maybe I will learn how Linux monitors directories
for changes (FAM isn't used any more?) - under Windows monitoring a directory
for changes is a bit cumbersome. But on the other hand does the Windows
Explorer know about "remote folders" and it doesn't monitor them.

Jürgen