Overly large bookmark menu

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Jun 25 11:18:06 BST 2004

I think this is really a Qt problem, but maybe there could be a fix for the
specific problem, which is that the bookmark menu can get very large, and
cover the menu bar, making the selection of adjacent menus quite difficult.

I use "MacOS like menus", so egoistically I could say that limiting the menu
height to be less than the application-available screen size would be ok.

Maybe, more in general, using more item columns earlier could be a
better solution.

Another tweak that could be made is to balance the menu columns, that is,
once the menu has to be displayed as two columns, it could as well be drawn
with two columns that have the same height, or differ in height by one
item height).

Is this problem fixable outside of Qt? And where should I look at to
fix it, if it is possible to fix it?

Thanks,
Luciano