No flicker on initial creation of the tabbar

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Thu Jun 24 13:57:56 BST 2004

Hey,

this is a patch which largely optimizes Konqueror's tab behavior.
Instead of switching between the tabbar view and the pure view based on
the number of tabs this patch makes the tabbar the parent view in all
cases.
Now instead of switching between views and reperanting widgets we just
show/hide the tabbar.
Everything would be great but:
1) there's a bug in which when creating the sidebar (F9) they keep
multiplying. I think I messed up the parent container relationship
somewhere, I'd really appreciate if someone could look at it.
2) Basically this patch allows us to remove a huge amount of code
(switches based on the type of parent - now it's always the konq_tabs)
from the viewmgr but I don't consider it such a high priority as #1 so
I haven't done so yet.

Zack

--
Don't think that a small group of dedicated individuals can't change
the world; it's the only thing that ever has.