How to test a Web site by driving Konqueror thru its equivalent of Automation?

Phlip phlipcpp at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 20 17:08:22 BST 2004

David Faure wrote:

>  sleep 2m
>  dcop konqueror-$pid html-widget1 evalJS "....."

>  sleep 5m
>  kill $pid
>
> You can also use "dcop konqueror-$pid $obj
> activateNode" to activate
> a link after giving it focus with javascript.

If a test fails can that present a big, un-ignorable
error message?

Can that bubble up the pass/fail bit to the calling
environment?

Can we take out the 7 minutes of sleep, so we can put
this under an editor's test button and run it after
every 1~10 edits of a Web site's source?

I'm after Test-Driven Development here...

BTW thanks to all, and I'l collate and report back the
results soon.

=====
Phlip