How to test a Web site by driving Konqueror thru its equivalent of Automation?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Jun 20 15:54:20 BST 2004

On Sunday 20 June 2004 14:20, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> I think this is more a question for the kde-bindings mailing list. And forget
> about DCOP accessing the DOM though, DCOP is flat.

You can evaluate Javascript code via DCOP though.
I wrote such scripts using something like:

 konqueror someurl &
 pid=$!
 # I should use readyState instead.
 sleep 2m
 dcop konqueror-$pid html-widget1 evalJS "....."

 sleep 5m
 kill $pid

You can also use "dcop konqueror-$pid $obj activateNode" to activate
a link after giving it focus with javascript.