When is KHTMLView done with rendering?

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Thu Jun 17 11:23:40 BST 2004

On Thursday 17 June 2004 11:19, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 17 June 2004 11:12, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  Please make sure it doesn't do any scrolling if there was any user
> > activity meanwhile.
>
> I guess that's debatable... I often like to read some stuff at the top of
> the document (or a bit below) while the rest loads, and then to be moved
> to the anchor I was initially interested in when it's finally available.

You must have a slow internet connection, or you're a very fast reader :-)

> If starting to scroll around a little bit means I won't be taken to the
> anchor, then I have to refrain myself from reading the top, which is
> difficult :-)
>
> Just a thought; I'll accept e.g. "all other browsers do it that way" as
> counter-argument :)

Personally, it would annoy the hell out of me if I scrolled to a section that
looks interesting to me and all of the sudden KHTML jumps to an anchor.

On the other hand, how many people play a bit with the scroll wheel when
waiting for the page to load (well, I do, but maybe I'm a particularly
restless person).

Perhaps we can think of some compromise?

best,
Jeroen
--
Kile - KDE Integrated LaTeX Editor